The newly formed Virginia LERA Chapter is excited to host a mixture of in-person and virtual events. These gatherings provide a stimulating forum for speakers from all parts of the employment relations and industrial relations arenas including management, labor, government, attorneys, and academicians. Representatives from management, labor, government, attorneys, and academicians bring a variety of perspectives to the group, encouraging lively discussion of current events in employee and industrial relations. The chapter publishes a membership directory, cosponsors workshops, and seminars, and will host a one day public sector labor relations conference. Join us today and be an inaugural Virginia LERA Chapter member!
Would you like to become a member of Virginia LERA? We ask that you submit your membership form and the membership fee. See details and forms by clicking “membership” in the menu at the top of the page.
The Virginia LERA Chapter will host the following meetings during this program year, July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022:
- September 23, 2021 (Thursday) – 5:00 – 7:00 pm – In-Person Dinner Meeting – Portsmouth, VA
- October 7, 2021 (Thursday) – 1:00 – 2:15 pm – Virtual Meeting – Public Sector Employees, Social Media, & the First Amendment
- November 18, 2021 (Thursday) – 5:00 – 7:00 pm – In-Person Dinner Meeting – Northern Virginia
- January 20, 2022 (Thursday) – 1:00 – 2:15 pm – Virtual Meeting – NLRB Update
- March 31, 2022 (Thursday) – 10:00 am – 3:30 pm – In-Person Public Sector Labor Relations Conference – Richmond, VA
- June 2, 2022 (Thursday) – 1:00 – 2:15 pm – Virtual Meeting – Post-Pandemic Workplace Issues Please Register for Upcoming Events.
The Labor and Employment Relations Association is a singular organization of professionals interested in industrial relations and human resources. If you are a professional or an academic in the field of industrial relations and human resources, we invite you to join the National LERA. The National LERA organization provides a network of IR and HR practitioners and academics who share their knowledge and insight through regular LERA publications and at LERA meetings twice a year. LERA was founded in 1947 as the IRRA (Industrial Relations Research Association) and today encompasses more than 4,000 members.