OC LERA, LA LERA and San Diego LERA have combined to form SoCal LERA – serving all of Southern California’s labor and employment community with timely and informative programs. Please join us for our upcoming program hosted via videoconference.
NLRB Update 2023
Workplace organizing, workplace actions, and union activity remain among their highest levels in years. In this environment, the NLRB has begun to issue consequential rulings, as have the federal Courts of Appeal. Our panelists will share their insights on the state of the NLRB and its recent decisions, along with the trend set by the current General Counsel’s office and the NLRB’s Regions.
Moderator: Catherine Fisk, Barbara Nachtrieb Armstrong Professor of Law at Berkeley Law (bio)
Panelist (union-side): Amy Cu, Partner at Schwartz, Steinsapir, Dohrmann & Sommers (bio)
Panelist (management-side): Tom Lenz, Partner at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo (bio)
Panelist (union-side): Monica Guizar, Associate General Counsel, Service Employees International Union (bio)
This event will take place online via Zoom videoconference.
Materials for Panel
AFL-CIO v. NLRB (DC Ct Appeal Jan 17 2023) Amazon.com Services (NLRB Jan 30 2023) American Steel Construction (NLRB Dec 14 2022) DHS Notice re Process Enhance – Support Labor Enforcemt Investig (Jan 13 2023) DHS Support – Enforce Labor & Emplymt Law (Jan 13 2023) FTC Notice re Proposed Rule – Ban Noncompete Clauses (Jan 5 2023) GC Memo 21 -07 – Full Remedies – Settlements (Sep 15 2021) GC Memo 21-06 – Full Remedies (Sep 8 2021) GC Memo 22-01 – Rights & Remedies – Immig Workers under NLRA (Nov 8 2021) GC Memo 22-03 – Interagency Coord (Feb 10 2022) MOU – FTC & NLRB re Cross Train & Info Share (Jul 19 2022) NLRB Proposed Rule re Rep etc Fed Reg Vol 87 No 213 (Nov 4 2022) OM Memo 22-09 – Safe and Dignified Access – Immig Workers to NLRB (May 2 2022) Stericycle – Invitation re Briefs (NLRB Jan 6 2022) Tesla Inc. (NLRB August 29 2022) The Atlanta Opera Inc – Invitation re Briefs & Granting Review (NLRB Dec 27 2021) Valley Hospital Med Ctr Inc (NLRB Sept 30 2022)
Pricing and Registration
Registration for this event is complimentary, but registration is required. Once you submit your booking, you will receive the Zoom information via email to join the meeting. Please check your inbox (and possibly your spam box).
Not yet a member of SoCal LERA? Please consider becoming a member of So Cal LERA; your annual membership dues of $55 will help support our future programs. Go to http://lerachapter.org/socallera/membership-account/membership-levels/ to join now!
- If you would like to become a member first to register for free, then go to: http://lerachapter.org/socallera/membership-account/membership-levels/ … then come back here to book this event at no additional cost.
- Would you like to check if your SoCal LERA dues are current? If you are listed in our member directory, then your dues are paid. You can check that here: http://lerachapter.org/socallera/membership-account/directory/
The program plans to offer 1.5 hours of California MCLE Credit. Following the program, please email email@example.com to request your certificate of attendance.
This website for SoCal LERA is not the same as the website for national LERA, and you’ll need to create a profile here if you haven’t been to the SoCal LERA website before (https://www.lerachapter.org/socallera) before. Don’t worry; it’s easy and you can do that at the same time that you register for the event and submit your booking.
If you are returning to this website, please login here first. Your information will be pre-populated when you are logged in.
- If you are a member of a LERA chapter other than SoCal LERA, and have website login credentials at another “http://lerachapter.org/chapter” website, then your login credentials at this SoCal LERA website “http://lerachapter.org/socallera” will be the same.
- If you have not previously used this SoCal LERA website, and you are not a member of another LERA chapter, then you will be creating your login credentials to this website at the same time that you register for this event. You will receive two emails, one to confirm that you have registered, and another that will record your login credentials for future reference. You should save this email so you can log back in to the website and register for future events with ease. Please check your spam filter, and you should receive both emails within an hour of submitting your booking below.
- Please contact Emily Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-5419 if you have any questions. We want you to be able to use this website with ease, and solve any problems that may occur.
Bookings are closed for this event.