OC LERA, LA LERA and San Diego LERA have combined to form SoCal LERA – serving all of Southern California’s labor and employment community with timely and informative programs. Please join us for our upcoming program hosted via videoconference.
Employment Law Update
Mandatory Updates to Settlements and Separation Agreements!
Confidentiality in separation and settlement agreements is no longer so simple. California employment laws and recent decisions by the National Labor Relations Board have changed the playing field for what formerly was, and continues to be, a bedrock contract term. Our distinguished panelists will discuss the new and changing environment and the different pitfalls in addressing settlements before and after litigation occurs.
Lauren Teukolsky, Principal of Teukolsky Law
Jonathan Judge, Partner at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
Jade M. Brewster, Associate, JacksonLewis
Angela J. Reddock-Wright, Mediator, Signature Resolution
Brown v. TGS Management Co., LLC, 57 Cal. App. 5th 303 Corkland v. Boscoe, 156 Cal. App. 3d 989 Edwards v. Arthur Andersen LLP, 44 Cal. 4th 937 Kirby v. Southern Cal. Edison Co., 78 Cal. App. 4th 840 MaComb and Local 40, 372 NLRB No 58 (2023) Purcell v. Schweitzer, 224 Cal. App. 4th 969 Vitatech Internat., Inc. v. Sporn, 16 Cal. App. 5th 796
This event will take place online via Zoom videoconference.
Pricing and Registration
Registration for this event is complimentary, but registration is required. Once you submit your booking, you will receive the Zoom information via email to join the meeting. Please check your inbox (and possibly your spam box).
Not yet a member of SoCal LERA? Please consider becoming a member of So Cal LERA; your annual membership dues of $55 will help support our future programs. Go to http://lerachapter.org/socallera/membership-account/membership-levels/ to join now!
- If you would like to become a member first to register for free, then go to: http://lerachapter.org/socallera/membership-account/membership-levels/ … then come back here to book this event at no additional cost.
- Would you like to check if your SoCal LERA dues are current? If you are listed in our member directory, then your dues are paid. You can check that here: http://lerachapter.org/socallera/membership-account/directory/
The program plans to offer 1.5 hours of California MCLE Credit. Following the program, please email email@example.com to request your certificate of attendance.
This website for SoCal LERA is not the same as the website for national LERA, and you’ll need to create a profile here if you haven’t been to the SoCal LERA website before (https://www.lerachapter.org/socallera) before. Don’t worry; it’s easy and you can do that at the same time that you register for the event and submit your booking.
If you are returning to this website, please login here first. Your information will be pre-populated when you are logged in.
- If you are a member of a LERA chapter other than SoCal LERA, and have website login credentials at another “http://lerachapter.org/chapter” website, then your login credentials at this SoCal LERA website “http://lerachapter.org/socallera” will be the same.
- If you have not previously used this SoCal LERA website, and you are not a member of another LERA chapter, then you will be creating your login credentials to this website at the same time that you register for this event. You will receive two emails, one to confirm that you have registered, and another that will record your login credentials for future reference. You should save this email so you can log back in to the website and register for future events with ease. Please check your spam filter, and you should receive both emails within an hour of submitting your booking below.
- Please contact Emily Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-5419 if you have any questions. We want you to be able to use this website with ease, and solve any problems that may occur.
Bookings are closed for this event.