Date(s) - April 30, 2021
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Can You Really Say That?
First Amendment Rights In the Age of Protests and a Pandemic
Discipline & Employment Relations
- Christine A. Bologna (“Chris’), Administrative Law Judge at PERB
- Howard A. Liberman, Managing Partner for Mastagni Holdstedt, APC
- Jill H. Coffman, Executive Director for NLRB Region 20
- John W. Dietrich, Managing Partner for Atkinson Andelson Loya Rudd & Romo
- Ms. Valerie Hardy-Mahoney, Executive Director for NLRB Region 32
2020 has been an extraordinary year not seen in several generations and 2021 promises to be more of the same. NorCal LERA’s Spring 2021 Event will focus on the tension between an employee’s First Amendment rights and an employer’s management rights to regulate “worksite” conduct as well as the gray area of “off duty” behavior particularly in light of January 6th fiasco in our nation’s capital. Please join us for an hour of fascinating discussion with an esteemed panel representing the latest thoughts on this current issue. You are also welcome to join us 30 minutes before and after for further networking and discussions.
Agenda for Event
- 11:30-12:00 Meet the Board
- 12:00-1:00 Welcome & Panel Discussion
- 1:00-1:30 Social Networking
Please register so that we can send you the Zoom meeting information as participant. If you are already are a member of NorCal LERA, please log in first to register.
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, we are offering our Spring 2021 Event virtually and at no cost to ensure everyone’s well-being.